We can set up your local area network (LAN), either wired or wireless. Our typical installation goes through the following steps to lock down and secure your network to prevent unauthorized access:
- Gather all necessary information
- Configure & rename your router
- Set administrative passwords
- Enable encryption and filtering
- Setup security measures on router and clients
- Install and configure firewall software on client machines
- Setup address filtering if desired to further secure your LAN
These steps will ensure your home network is secured from unauthorized use by others. This includes your neighbors and anyone driving by looking for an open internet connection (wardriving).
Once your network is set up, you may occasionally need to reload or update your settings if the router dropped settings due to an extended power failure. Here is a document to walk you through that process:
- How to secure your LAN (.pdf format)
- Network Settings text file (sample file)
This section is intended for use by our existing customers as a self-help option. If you have any questions on this process, need more help, please give us a call at (618) 530-1961. We look forward to helping you make the most of your computing experience!